Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wild Waves & Soothing Sands: Trysting with Beloved at the Coast

Written at the beach during my discernment retreat, the following excerpt from my journal and photos reflect  my deep experiences with Beloved...

"Crashing Wave Untamed" - Photo by Trista Wynne
Beloved,

Thank You for meeting me at the beach this afternoon!  Thank You for this secluded spot -- a little nesting area for You and me to share.  Thank You for the sound of the ocean, the rhythm of the waves, the cleansing and peace that comes from being so close to the edge of unharnessed waters.

Oh, what a tryst we had!  You are indeed my First Love!  I long for you unceasingly.  When I get a little taste, all I can think of is when I can next receive the falernum nobele, the very best of wines, from Your navel again.  

Your left arm rests under my head; Your right arm encircles me once more.

Oh, Beloved!  There is none like You.  Nothing brings greater ecstasy.

You are the very best of lovers. You know my need and meet it before the words are even on my lips.  My womb, my inner being, every fiber within is in the midst of being healed, tended, kissed and caressed by Your Spirit.

My heartbeat quickens.  My breathing shallows.  I am wet with longing.

Your fragrance fills the air.  I taste Your saltiness.  Your light warms my body.  Your breath caresses my skin.  We kneel together, drawing messages in the sand.  The world will know of our love affair.

"A Mutual Message of Adoration" - Photo by Trista Wynne

"You are my Beloved," we write -- I to You and You to me.  Our fingers are inseparable.  You touch the blossoms and they stand at attention.  Barriers are removed.  Full revelation.  Nothing stands between You and me.

Beloved, You search and You know me.  You are well acquainted with all of my ways, with every inch of my being.  And yet, when we come together, You leave no hair untouched.  You delight in the exploration of my body and soul.  Every moment together is like our very first caress.  I breathe You in.  

"Beloved!" I cry, grasping hold of You, drawing You deeper in Your exploration of me.  Oh, that we could always be so close!  May this moment of life and light and vitality never come to an end!

Your breath flows freely.  I inhale You.  Nothing of You is kept from me in this moment, and nothing of me is far from You.  We become one.  I exhale fully -- sighs of deep satisfaction from this union -- a completion too full for words.

I study Your eyes.  I see the world reflected in them.  I am overcome by the deepest of loves for the reflection of the world found in Your eyes.  I feel Your heart's own rhythm becoming my own.  My love for You becomes love for myself, love for the world.  Hearts united, we are not far apart.

Smiling, I close my eyes, content to be resting in Your arms after this release of emotion and passion.  Sighing deeply, my eyes open once more.  You have disappeared on the wings of the wind.

Oh, may it not be long before we come together again, my Beloved.  You will forever be my First Love!

"A sign of our Passions - my First Love" - Photo by Trista Wynne

No comments: