Saturday, September 10, 2011

Searching for You outside the Church Walls

Ah, Lord,

You know my heart!  I just want to find a community that lives out Your love and proclaims freedom and peace.  After the church visit that I have recently had, my heart is saddened, but still, I continue to search for you.  Surely it shouldn't be this hard to find unharnessed love!

Why should I have to look any farther than the church that claims to be following You, Lord Jesus?  Why must I look beyond the people who claim to know You in order to find justice, peace and steadfast love?  I just don't understand.  I wish I could take people at their word, and that the one who claims to be a Christian would walk in Your way: loving You with their whole being, and loving their neighbors (with a wide definition!) as much as they love themselves.

Beloved, I'm searching for You.  No brilliant displays of technology, no false teachings, no lively music and no facade of prayer and apparent healing can convince me that You are being worshiped when You are not.  Oh, Lord, you only occasionally visited the temple building.  You pitched Your tent among the peoples.  You were never restrained by castle walls.  When will Your church learn to do the same?

Beloved, show us Your way.  Sophia, help us to walk as Jesus did.  Papa-God, I pray that we bring You glory through the ways in which we live and walk among Your peoples.  May we always strive to reflect Your love in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: