Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Lovely Visit

Beloved,

You have created us to be in community, to find friends and to be in relationship with other human beings.  I am so blessed to have been visited by one of your beautiful daughters this afternoon.  In all the months that it has been since my husband and I have been away from the church we attended for several years, this was the first time that one of the congregants have contacted us directly and asked to simply get together.  What a joy it was to have her over!  And what a delightful surprise for her to bring me flowers and cookies, too! 



Flowers, a hand-made card and delicious lemon poppy seed cookies from A.B.

Here I was lamenting that we were out of eggs and that I couldn't bake any cookies for her before she arrived.  Instead she brought some to me!  I'm so glad that you have gifted this woman with a delightful creativity and a joy for the beautiful things in Your creation. 

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of friendship.  Thank You for people who care.  Thank You for bringing us together and allowing Your love to be shown through our interactions.  Lord, bless all who visit others in their homes.  Visitation, and Your Presence in our midst as a result, is a tremendous gift to us all.  Amen.

No comments: