Friday, June 3, 2011

Summertime Serenity

Beloved,

As I delight in the freedom that comes from accomplishing all that needed to be done before the end of the term, I also bask in the light of the sunshine. Thank You, dear Lord, for this vibrantly beautiful day! Thank you for the stretching kitties basking in the light. Thank You for the fluttering sparrows and burrowing bunnies that my neighbor and I saw on our walk today.


The fruit of the vine shows promising buds and the sprouting of wheat seems close at hand.  The delicate blossoms of the apple and cherry bring forth their heady scents.  Lilac and lily are in full bloom.  Daisies and buttercups litter the fields with smatterings of color as a woodpecker is heard in the distance. 

Heavenly Blossoms - Photo by Trista Wynne
Your creation shines today!  My heart delights in You!
I skip like a calf in Your Presence, O Lord; 
my spirit delights in Your Word. 
How lovely the place where Your Spirit is stirring; 
how marvelous the works of Your hands!

In You, O Beloved, my body takes rest;
in You I place all my trust.
You bring release from tumult and striving;
my spirit now finds peace in Your arms.

Beloved, how wonderful You are!

No comments: